Rebooting your Viasat modem
Here is the correct way to restart your wireless router and Viasat modem (and yes, the order really does make a difference!)
*Note: If you have a WiFi Modem where the router and modem are one unit, you only have to worry about unplugging that device.
- Power-down the computer connected to your Viasat modem
- Power-down the router (unplug it)
- Power-down the modem (unplug it from the electrical outlet)
- If you have an Ethernet cable connecting your computer to the modem, disconnect it. Wait a moment, then plug it back in.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable from the router is plugged securely into the back of the modem. *Note: Wireless routers do not require a cable connection to the computers they support
- Plug in the modem. Wait until all LED lights on the modem are solid
- Power-up the router
- Power up your computer