How to buy more data
You can buy more data via WhatsApp.
If you’re approaching your data cap or you’ve already passed it and your service has been restricted, it might be time to take advantage of our Buy More feature.
You can buy more data using WhatsApp. Once you’ve opted into WhatsApp by texting “JOIN” to 1-720-513-0315 simply text “BUYMORE” and respond to the prompt with the amount of data you would like to purchase.
Things to know when buying more data:
- If you’ve already exceeded your data usage limit and your service has been restricted, don’t worry. It’ll resume normal speed soon after you make your data purchase
- You are limited to purchasing 10 GB of Buy More data per month via WhatsApp.
- If purchased via WhatsApp, this non-refundable purchase will be charged on your next month’s bill, not at the time of purchase. Keep in mind any unused additional data will expire and won’t carry over to the following month.
- If you would like to purchase more than 10GB of Buy More data per month, you can call Customer Care at 800-872-0552. If you are calling from the U.S., please call 855-727-7955.
- If you’ve run into data shortages more than once, it might be time to consider upgrading your plan. Call 800-872-0552 to discuss the options. If you are calling from the U.S., please call 855-727-7955.
What is “Buy More,” and why would I need It?
Buy More gives you the flexibility to purchase more data in 1 GB increments without having to upgrade to a higher data plan. If you’re getting close to your monthly data usage allowance and don’t want your service to be slowed and/or restricted, Buy More will give you the data you need to stay at regular speeds.
How much does Buy More cost?
- 1 GB = $100.00 MXN
- 5 GB = $480.00 MXN
- 10GB = $950.00 MXN
Can I buy data in advance of when I need It?
Yes, but you should only do so when you’re certain you’ll need more data than is provided by your monthly plan. The additional data purchased through Buy More expires when your data measurement cycle resets to zero every month.
When is my monthly measurement reset date?
Your monthly measurement reset date is the same as your monthly billing date. On that day, your data usage is reset to zero and a new measurement period begins.
What’s the difference between using Buy More and upgrading to a higher data plan?
Buy More lets you add data when you occasionally need it. If you’re using all the data provided by your monthly plan on a frequent basis, we encourage you to upgrade to a higher data plan. It’s a better value in the long run.
If I use up all the data in my monthly plan and don’t use Buy More, what happens?
Depending on which plan you’re on, using all the data included in your plan before the beginning of your next monthly measurement cycle may result in your service being slowed and/or restricted as specified in in Exhibit A in your customer agreement. Your service will be fully restored when your monthly measurement period starts again.
Is Buy More automatic?
No. It’s a tool you can choose to use when you need it. You will not receive any additional charges on your regular monthly bill unless you choose to purchase additional GBs of data.